During this precarious time of uncertainty, many workers are wondering where to turn for employment. If you are looking for work and wondering about local businesses hiring, you should be aware of the latest information from the Governor of Florida in regards to essential businesses.
What Are Essential Businesses?
On April 1, 2020, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis issued a statewide stay-at-home order to try and slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Per that order (Executive Order 20-91), Florida businesses considered essential include, but are not limited to:
- Contractors and other tradesmen…who provide services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences and other structures;
- Open construction sites, irrespective of the type of building;
- Architectural, engineering, or land surveying services;
- Factories, manufacturing facilities, bottling plants, or other industrial uses; and
- Businesses that supply other essential businesses with the support or supplies necessary to operate, and which do not interact with the general public.
The pandemic, and the resulting shut down of many Florida businesses, has several people working from home. However, a number of Floridians are finding themselves furloughed, laid off, displaced, or unable to secure new work. Meanwhile, some workers must forge on and get out there to do essential labor.
Are Local Businesses Hiring?
Construction companies, including commercial construction companies, have been deemed essential businesses. If you are a displaced worker searching for local businesses hiring, you can view job listings here to find out what positions are available through Labor For Hire. It's true: many of our customers are hiring right now.
According to OSHA, much of construction work falls under the lower risk category for potential exposure to the deadly Coronavirus. Workers should have minimal contact with their coworkers and the public to stay safe and should follow state and national guidelines to protect themselves and others.
Construction keeps Florida’s economy going and the industry must be a priority even in these difficult times. Keeping people employed in as safe a way as possible is paramount to serving the community and supporting families.
Contact Labor For Hire today to learn how to find high-quality employment.